- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Cable boxCable box
If you are using a cable box for a long time and suddenly your remote stops working. Then, there is a very low chance that you won’t find the same remote as your cable box. Considering this fact today we have come up with a new article in which you can program your universal remote to work on the cable box. The only thing you should have is Cablebox codes.
If you have a cable box then you are good to go and if you don’t have. Then, don’t worry today in this article we have brought remote codes of different cable boxes. All you need to do is search your cable box brand and beside the name, you will find the universal remote code of that cable box.
In addition to this, we will also discuss different ways to program your cable box as well. Apart from remote code, you can also program your cable box without using remote code and other different methods. So, in this article, we will discuss all these methods and the remote code for every cable box brand.
Universal remote code for cable box
As mentioned earlier here we have listed the remote code of all the cable box brands. If you don’t find the remote code of your cable box brand then don’t worry. Here we will discuss a method in which you can program your cable box without using remote codes.
|Cable box Brand||Remote codes|
|ARCHER||0468, 0469, 0470, 0471|
|COLOR VOICE||0472, 0473|
|DIGITAL MUSIC EXPRESS||0514|
|GENERAL INSTRUMENT||0509, 0461, 0465|
|HAMLIN||0461, 0480, 0481, 0482|
|JERROLD||0509, 0461, 0465, 0518|
|MOTOROLA (COX)||0509, 0465, 0513, 0518|
|PHILIPS||0471, 0479, 0485, 0490, 0491, 0492|
|PHILIPS MAGNAVOX||0505, 0534|
|PIONEER||0478, 0506, 0493, 0494|
|RADIO SHACK||0505, 0534, 0525|
|RCA||0460, 0471, 0507|
|SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA||0498, 0497, 0506, 0535, 0512, 0466, 0496|
|TOCOM||0464, 0501, 0513, 0520|
|UNIKA||0468, 0469, 0471|
|UNIVERSAL||0468, 0469, 0470, 0471, 0502, 0524|
|VIEWSTAR||0475, 0485, 0487, 0500|
|ZENITH||0503, 0525, 0471, 0486, 0521, 0522, 0523, 0527|
How to program universal remote on cable box using remote codes?
I hope that you have found the remote code of your cable box from the above list. Now, set up your remote either is working fine or not, and also check the battery. If you happened to find the right remote code on the first try then it won’t consume much of the time.
Similarly, if you find your remote code at the last of the list then it will take time. Follow the below step-wise instruction to program your cable box using remote codes.
- First on the cable box makes sure it is working fine.
- Now press and hold the setup/set button from your universal remote for a while. This will turn remote into learning mode. Moreover, a LED light will glow on your remote when it goes into learning mode. (Note: every remote has a different method for learning mode)
- Press the CBL button from your remote and then enter the remote code that you have found from the above list.
- After this press the power button from the remote. Check the volume menu button whether it is working fine or not. If not you have entered the wrong remote code.
- Repeat the process unless the cable box in this case Turn off. When the cable turns off press the exit button from your remote it will save the remote code of your cable box.
This is how you can program your universal remote code on your cable box. I hope that the method should work well if you are following the above step properly. However, if the above step doesn’t work then try the text method from this article.
How to program universal remote on cable box without using remote codes?
There is also another way to program cable boxes without using remote code. In this method, we will auto scan multiple remote codes on our cable box unless we get the right code for our cable box.
Unlike other methods, it will take some time unless you find the right remote code for your cable box. Here is the step-wise process to program your cable box without using remote codes.
- Turn on the cable box by pressing the power button from the cable box.
- Press and hold the Aux button for a while a LED light will blink or glow depending upon the brand of your remote.
- Now press the Channel up button every two seconds.
- Press the channel up button unless the Cable box in this case turns off.
- Press the Mute or Exit button when the cable box in this case turns off.
After the TV turns off your remote is ready to work with your cable box. I hope that this method should work well in your cable box. This method might not work on some brands of universal remote. So I will suggest you check the information booklet of your remote. There you will find full stepwise instruction to program your universal remote.
Related post: COBY TV’s Universal Remote Codes
I hope that after reading this article now you can easily program your universal remote using remote code and without using remote code. We have discussed two different methods to program your cable box and cable box code as well. Besides this, if you have any problems with the methods and code then comment on our website.